Barista TAFE Course - Professional Coffee Class, Sydney
This 5 hour coffee-making Barista masterclass is a professional course that will leave you with leading coffee making skills, ready to impress your friends and even qualified for work as a barista!
During an intensive 5-hour barista masterclass, you'll spend 3 hours learning barista basics covering the key variables that go into espresso-based coffee and get lots of hands-on practice (everyone gets their own section of a commercial coffee machine) with hints and tips from world-leading professional Baristas.
You'll then go on to master milk texturing and coffee art in a second 2hr session - this is the only course of its kind and will leave you with cutting-edge tricks including etching and freepouring techniques.
And this barista training course is more than just a fun experience... Uniquely, this course is TAFE accredited and students will gain much more confidence having completed this course as well as a nationally and internationally recognised qualification.
The perfect gift for a coffee enthusiast, frustrated home coffee maker or would-be barista, this course is regularly run in Sydney's CBD and conducted by world-leading coffee professionals. The ultimate coffee making course in Sydney!
|20 Jun 13 (Thursday)||Places|
|22 Jun 13 (Saturday)||Places|
|25 Jun 13 (Tuesday)||Places|
|27 Jun 13 (Thursday)||Places|
|02 Jul 13 (Tuesday)||Places|
|04 Jul 13 (Thursday)||Places|
|06 Jul 13 (Saturday)||Places|
|09 Jul 13 (Tuesday)||Places|
|11 Jul 13 (Thursday)||Places|
|16 Jul 13 (Tuesday)||Places|
|18 Jul 13 (Thursday)||Places|
|20 Jul 13 (Saturday)||Places|
|23 Jul 13 (Tuesday)||Places|
|25 Jul 13 (Thursday)||Places|
|30 Jul 13 (Tuesday)||Places|
|01 Aug 13 (Thursday)||Places|
|03 Aug 13 (Saturday)||Places|
|06 Aug 13 (Tuesday)||Places|
|08 Aug 13 (Thursday)||Places|
|13 Aug 13 (Tuesday)||Places|
Fitness and Experience
- A love of coffee is the only pre requisite!
- This is a wheelchair-friendly experience
What to Bring/Wear
- No need to bring anything special, merely dress comfortably for the weather on the day
What is Supplied
- 5hr barista course led by professional baristas
- Barista Certificate and Coffee Art certificate
- You will earn nationally recognised and VETAB accredited qualifications: SITHFAB012A "Prepare and serve espresso coffee" and SITXOHS002A "Follow workplace hygiene procedures"
- "How To Make Every Coffee On The Menu" movie
- eBook: How to Get a Job as a Barista
- Written coffee menu listing the ingredients of all the major coffee drinks
- Etching sheet
- Access to audio podcasts and milk texturing/freepouring movies
- Upon completion of this course, you qualify for a TAFE Certificate The TAFE qualification is nationally and internationally recognised
- Low student:instructor ratio
The key variables that go into making espresso-based coffee are (amongst other things);
- using fresh coffee
- using the right amount of coffee
- using the right particle size (grind of the coffee)
- using the right grip handle
- tamping correctly
- having the right programming on the volumetric keypads on the espresso machine, therefore getting the right volume of espresso
- using the correct drinking vessel to pour
- using the correct milk texturing techniques
- executing the pour properly and promptly after extracting the espresso presenting the finished coffee
- using a clean espresso machine/grinder with the right temperature and pressure