Gliding, Introductory Glider Flight - Melbourne
Do you know someone that has always wanted to be a pilot? Send them on an introductory gliding flight with a qualified instructor over Melbourne.
Gliding is one of Australia's fastest growing activities, and it's easy to see why. The perfect mix of elegant flying, gentle exhilaration and friendly atmosphere at the gliding club makes for an unforgettable experience.
After an introduction with your qualified flight instructor you will be towed to your chosen release height by one of our tow aircraft (normally around 2-3,000ft). Once the required height has been reached the instructor will release the glider from the tow aircraft and the wonderful experience of "silent flight" commences.
You will be soaring on the thermals in the same way as birds. In fact, with no engines to scare them away, don't be surprised if you are joined mid-flight by a local Sea Eagle! At his/her discretion, the instructor may also allow you to have some "hands on" flying experience and teach you the basics of flying the glider.
This adventure flight is an excellent gift for any thrill seeker, with the option for time at the controls for someone who has always wanted to be a pilot.
|05 Sep 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|06 Sep 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|12 Sep 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|13 Sep 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|19 Sep 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|20 Sep 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|26 Sep 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|27 Sep 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|03 Oct 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|04 Oct 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|10 Oct 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|11 Oct 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|17 Oct 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|18 Oct 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|24 Oct 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|25 Oct 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|31 Oct 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|01 Nov 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|07 Nov 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|08 Nov 15 (Sunday)||Places|
Fitness and Experience
- You must be fit enough to climb in and out of the glider cabin unaided
- Minimum age 15
- Maximum weight 105kg
- Maximum height 195cm
What to Bring/Wear
- Parts of our airfield are grass and can be soft and wet at times, so bring shoes that are suited to that environment
- Sunglasses are recommended
- Wear flat-soled shoes and bring a jumper with you in case it gets cold at higher altitudes
- Bring sunblock and a hat in summer
- Camera for before and after shots (cameras are not recommended inside the aircraft)
- BYO snacks and drinks, there are no cafe facilities at the airfield
What is Supplied
- Introductory Gliding flight of up to 20 minutes (the length of glider flights depends entirely on the prevailing thermals - currents of warmer air that provide the lift).
- All instruction and safety equipment
Gliding venues are run as non-profit-making clubs and operate on a first come first served basis - you might be asked to sign onto a flight list and wait your turn to glide.
- Australia's No. 1 gift website (Hitwise)
- Lowest price guarantee
- Safe & secure shopping
- Vouchers can be used towards any experience
- Gift Vouchers valid for 18 months
- Expert consultants
- Australia's longest running adventure site
- FREE Express Shipping for gifts over $119