Scenic Bi-plane Joy Flight 45 Minute - Wollongong, NSW
One of our personal favourite flight routes takes in the famous Sea Cliff Bridge and the Northern approaches to the rugged Illawarra coastline. An engineering marvel that spans 665 meters, the bridge was opened in December 2005 linking the coastal villages of Stanwell Park and Coalcliff.
This area was also the home of Australia’s very own ‘father of flight’, Lawrence Hargrave, and forms the southern boundary of the Royal National Park – one of the world’s oldest national parks, second only to Yellowstone in the US.
Experience the awesome sights of the stunning beaches of the Illawarra coastline. One of the best ways to see the Illawarra is from the open cockpit of a bi-plane. Upon returning to base you’ll have a smile on your face as wide as the Pacific Ocean view and with no doubt that it’s the coast with the most! A fantastic flight not to be missed.
|29 Aug 14 (Friday)||Places|
|30 Aug 14 (Saturday)||Places|
|31 Aug 14 (Sunday)||Places|
|01 Sep 14 (Monday)||Places|
|05 Sep 14 (Friday)||Places|
|06 Sep 14 (Saturday)||Places|
|07 Sep 14 (Sunday)||Places|
|08 Sep 14 (Monday)||Places|
|12 Sep 14 (Friday)||Places|
|13 Sep 14 (Saturday)||Places|
|14 Sep 14 (Sunday)||Places|
|15 Sep 14 (Monday)||Places|
|19 Sep 14 (Friday)||Places|
|20 Sep 14 (Saturday)||Places|
|21 Sep 14 (Sunday)||Places|
|22 Sep 14 (Monday)||Places|
|26 Sep 14 (Friday)||Places|
|27 Sep 14 (Saturday)||Places|
|28 Sep 14 (Sunday)||Places|
|29 Sep 14 (Monday)||Places|
Fitness and Experience
- There is no need for any previous flying experience with this flight
- You must be in good physical condition, and be less than 190cm tall and under 135kg
- If you are under 18, you must have parental consent to fly
- Please let us know in advance if you have any physical disabilities that may affect your flight so that we can try and accommodate you.
What to Bring/Wear
- Loose comfortable clothing suitable for the weather on the day
- Soft sole, fully enclosed shoes (joggers are perfect). No hard soles or high heels
- Sunglasses are helpful as the glare from the clouds can be quite severe
- Bring your camera for ground shots with the plane
- Hair tie if you have long hair
What is Supplied
- The aerobatic ride of your life in a fully restored WW2 Era Boeing Stearman Bi-plane
- Cover-all flight suit in a range of sizes
- Professional pilots with many years of experience and local knowledge.
- High Definition multi-view DVD Video of your flight is available for additional $99
- In flight photographs of your flight are available for an additional $35
Our fully restored Boeing Stearman meets all CASA requirements for Standard Charter category. This aircraft was built as a fully aerobatic military trainer in 1943. Now known as "Lilly Warra" she is the flagship of our fleet.
Wing Span 9.85 Metres
Length 7.5 Metres
Height 3 Metres
Seats 2 in Tandem Configuration – Passenger in the Front Seat
Engine Continental W670 – 7 Cylinder, 670 cubic inch radial engine.
G Rating +6g, -3g
Max Speed 186Mph
- Australia's No. 1 gift website (Hitwise)
- Lowest price guarantee
- Safe & secure shopping
- Vouchers can be used towards any experience
- Gift Vouchers valid for 12 months
- Expert consultants
- Australia's longest running adventure site
- FREE Express Shipping for orders over $149