Shark Diving, Shark Feed Dive - Sydney
Diving with sharks and viewing them up close is a fascinating experience, which leaves you in awe of these beautiful marine creatures. By booking onto the shark feed dive, you will be underwater with the sharks during a feeding session. Imagine being just metres away from 3.5m sharks as they are hand fed by the aquarists. During the shark feed dive you will be standing in an open cage while the aquarists hand feed different species of sharks, as well as giant turtles, stingrays and fish. What a view!
The shark feed dive is suitable for first time divers as the session starts with a full scuba diving briefing, shark awareness course and pool skills session. Experienced divers will benefit from the opportunity to refresh their skills. The instructors give personalised tuition, ensuring everyone is confident with the basic skills and commands before entering the oceanarium. With the briefing and skills session completed, it’s time to enter the 5 million litre oceanarium tank. Once in the tank you will experience a 40-minute dive viewing the shark feed. Family and friends are welcome to watch and take photos from the viewing tunnel.
Finish off your experience by checking out the photographic evidence of your latest adventure! Take the time to wander about the rest of the aquarium and appreciate the many sea creatures and animals on show including some of Australia’s deadliest reptiles. The shark feed dive takes up to three and a half hours to complete, with a maximum of 2 divers per session.
|22 Sep 14 (Monday)||Places|
|24 Sep 14 (Wednesday)||Places|
|26 Sep 14 (Friday)||Places|
|29 Sep 14 (Monday)||Places|
|01 Oct 14 (Wednesday)||Places|
|03 Oct 14 (Friday)||Places|
|06 Oct 14 (Monday)||Places|
|08 Oct 14 (Wednesday)||Places|
|10 Oct 14 (Friday)||Places|
|13 Oct 14 (Monday)||Places|
|15 Oct 14 (Wednesday)||Places|
|17 Oct 14 (Friday)||Places|
|20 Oct 14 (Monday)||Places|
|22 Oct 14 (Wednesday)||Places|
|24 Oct 14 (Friday)||Places|
|27 Oct 14 (Monday)||Places|
|29 Oct 14 (Wednesday)||Places|
|31 Oct 14 (Friday)||Places|
|03 Nov 14 (Monday)||Places|
|05 Nov 14 (Wednesday)||Places|
Fitness and Experience
- Scuba diving in the Manly aquarium is available to all people over the age of 14 years (customers between the age of 14-18 years must be accompanied by an adult guardian who can sign a disclaimer on the day)
- Customers must be able to speak English and understand spoken instruction in the English language
- Participants must be able to swim and have a satisfactory level of health
- You cannot fly within 12 hours after the dive
- If you are suffering from a cold, hay fever, hangover, cough, breathlessness or ear infection on the day of dive, you will not be allowed to participate in the dive
- Chronic sinus or middle ear problems will exclude you as water depth and pressure can cause severe discomfort if you are unable to equalise pressure
Medical Questionnaire: Do you have any of the following conditions?
- Heart Disease
- Chronic chest condition
- Chronic sinus condition
- Ear problems
- High blood pressure or obesity
- Are you pregnant?
- Do you have any other medical conditions, including injuries, a history of blackouts; or any psychological issues that may prevent you from participating in the dive?
NOTE: If answered yes to any of the above questions, you require written confirmation from a doctor stating your condition is not prohibitive to diving before booking your dive, please contact Adrenalin for this form. You need to fax the medical clearance through with the booking form.
What to Bring/Wear
- Swimming costume
- Certified Divers must bring their dive certification card
- If you have your own mask and full-length wetsuit, please feel free to bring them along
- All divers are required to complete medical declaration on the day
What is Supplied
- All dive gear and wetsuits
- Full scuba diving briefing, shark awareness course and pool skills session by experienced instructors
AVAILABILITY Shark Feed Dives run on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings only at 9.00am.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS Underwater pictures and movie footage of you diving will be available for purchase and cost approximately:
SPECTATORS Family and friends receive a 20% discount on admission to Oceanworld to watch you dive.
- Australia's No. 1 gift website (Hitwise)
- Lowest price guarantee
- Safe & secure shopping
- Vouchers can be used towards any experience
- Gift Vouchers valid for 12 months
- Expert consultants
- Australia's longest running adventure site
- FREE Express Shipping for orders over $149
- Jet Pack and Flyboard
- Jet Boating
- Swimming With Sharks
- Whale Watching
- Crocodile Cage of Death
- Fast Boat Rides
- Dolphin Swimming
- SCUBA Diving
- Jet Ski
- White Water Rafting
- Seal and Sea Lion Swimming
- Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Sea Kayaking
- Surf Rafting