Story Bridge Adventure Climb, Twilight Climb - Brisbane INCLUDES PHOTO PACKAGE
Story Bridge Twilight Climb valid for twilight Story Bridge Climbs.
Brisbane Story Bridge Adventure Climb is an adventure experience with a difference and the most spectacular way to discover Brisbane. Whether you are a local or a visitor, you'll be exhilarated by a once-in-a-lifetime bridge adventure climb that offers you the most breath-taking panorama of Brisbane and its surrounding natural beauty.
- • 2 hour Story Bridge Adventure Climb experience
- • Includes a package of 3 photos on USB for every climber
- • Spectacular, uninterrupted 360 degree views
- • One of only 3 bridge adventure climbs in the world
- • Dawn, day and night climbs are also available
- • A great achievement on your own or with friends and family
If it’s a gift and you don’t know when they want to go, instant gift vouchers are available so they can choose the date. Or simply choose a session from the list below and we will book you onto the twilight Story Bridge Adventure Climb on your date of choice (the exact time changes seasonally).
Book now for a sensational Brisbane sunset!
|01 Sep 15 (Tuesday)||Places|
|02 Sep 15 (Wednesday)||Places|
|03 Sep 15 (Thursday)||Places|
|04 Sep 15 (Friday)||Places|
|05 Sep 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|06 Sep 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|08 Sep 15 (Tuesday)||Places|
|09 Sep 15 (Wednesday)||Places|
|10 Sep 15 (Thursday)||Places|
|11 Sep 15 (Friday)||Places|
|12 Sep 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|13 Sep 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|15 Sep 15 (Tuesday)||Places|
|16 Sep 15 (Wednesday)||Places|
|17 Sep 15 (Thursday)||Places|
|18 Sep 15 (Friday)||Places|
|19 Sep 15 (Saturday)||Places|
|20 Sep 15 (Sunday)||Places|
|22 Sep 15 (Tuesday)||Places|
|23 Sep 15 (Wednesday)||Places|
Fitness and Experience
- Each climb group will be limited to 12 people, under the control of an experienced leader
- Anyone over 10 years of age with a minimum height of 130cm who can sustain moderate physical exercise for a couple of hours can take this challenge
- Children aged 10-16 years need to be accompanied by an adult during the climb
- Climbers will also be required to pass an alcohol breath test before departure
- Maximum weight 130kg
- For those with a fear of heights, relax! Every precaution is taken in the safety procedures to ensure that climb is a safe experience
- For the entire duration of the climb, all climbers are attached to a static line with experienced Climb Leaders ready to support and encourage those who are a little anxious whilst climbing
- Expectant mothers can climb up to 20 weeks
What to Bring/Wear
- Bring as few personal items as possible as no items of any form can be taken on the climb
- Wear sunscreen and sunglasses on afternoon climbs
- Wear comfortable clothes suitable for the weather
- Clothing: Wear suitable enclosed rubber soled shoes such as runners or hiking shoes which offer comfort, support and grip. PVC and leather-soled shoes are unsuitable. Be ready to wear the climbing suit over your existing clothing
What is Supplied
- Radio headset
- Climb suit
- Harness belt
- Hat, handkerchief, sunglasses lanyard
- All weather jacket
- Lockers are provided as nothing can be taken onto the bridge, including cameras, video recorders and other loose objects
- Photos: Cameras are not allowed to be taken on the climb, however there are a number of photo opportunities that your climb leader will take photos from and each climber will be supplied with 3 images on USB
Maximum group size is 12.
Climbs go out at twilight (click here for more Story Bridge Climb options).
From base headquarters at Kangaroo Point you make your way to the halfway house. Here the commentary begins, and continues throughout the climb. The climb ascends through the road level on to the anchor arm on the eastern side of the bridge. Here the incline is at its greatest as you make your way to one, of the two high points of the climb. From the eastern summit top platform the route gradually descends along the eastern cantilever arm towards the central platform. You then traverse the width of the bridge, above the six lanes of traffic.
From the summit of the Story Bridge in Brisbane you can enjoy uninterrupted 360° views of Brisbane, its river and surrounding mountains. The picturesque Glasshouse Mountains are visible to the north with the world-heritage-listed Lamington National Park to the south. To the east enjoy views across Moreton Bay to some of the world’s largest sand islands, and to the west find Mt Coot-tha and the lush Brisbane Forest Park.
Once on the western cantilever arm, climbers begin the gradual ascent to the western summit top platform. The route then follows down the western anchor arm of the bridge back through the road deck to the halfway house where the incline is once more at its steepest. You will leave the halfway house and make your way south along the approach span walkway to base headquarters where you have the opportunity to review your photographs.
Personal items will not be permitted to be taken on the climb including, cameras, videos, pagers, mobile phones and handbags. A locker will be provided for each climber in which personal items can be stored.
Closed: Christmas Day - 25 December, Riverfire Festival (dates vary each year in August and September)
Before you climb: Avoid alcohol. Story Bridge Adventure Climb reserves the right to breath test all climbers. You will need to complete a declaration form and satisfy Story Bridge Adventure Climb's terms and conditions.
- Australia's No. 1 gift website (Hitwise)
- Lowest price guarantee
- Safe & secure shopping
- Vouchers can be used towards any experience
- Gift Vouchers valid for 18 months
- Expert consultants
- Australia's longest running adventure site
- FREE Express Shipping for gifts over $119
- Sydney Bridge Climb
- Indoor Skydiving
- Quad Biking
- Story Bridge
- Harley Rides
- Horse Riding
- Jungle Swing
- Segway Tours
- Theme Park and Attraction Entry
- Rock Climbing
- Personal Training
- Laser Skirmish
- Train Driving
- Stunt Training
- Photography Courses
- Hiking and Bushwalking
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Mountain Biking
- Flying Fox and Tree Top Adventures
- Ghost Tours
- Indoor Skiing and Snowboarding
- Zoo and Wildlife